Tuesday 12 February 2013

Julien Plumart Boutique Salon du The


After 7 days at work with a few late evenings and several days working through my lunch break I was shattered but now had 6 days off to recuperate and catch up with friends that had been neglected over the previous week. 

Wednesday disappeared to house work, food shopping, laundry… you get the idea. So on waking Thursday morning to find my housemate had the day off as well we had a leisurely breakfast and wandered into town, as neither of us can stand staying indoors all day. 
On catching up with work, family and life over breakfast he dropped into conversation that there was a new Cafe on Dukes Street in the lanes that apparently looked ‘amazing’ and was full of ‘pretty cake things’ that I would apparently love. My housemate Ryan enjoys his tea and cakes just as much as me, so what was worth losing by checking his place out. 

Its amazing…. Julien Plumart Boutique Salon du The 



A French tea lounge serving traditional French cakes and pastries as well Macaroon’s (the pretty little cake things as Ryan describes them) and 24 different flavors from the traditional Pistachio and Rose to Mojito and Mulled Wine. 







For a second I thought I had died and fallen into heaven… but was shortly brought back to earth and reality on hearing that my house mate didn't know what they were and had never tried one, can you believe it. 



With it only opening on the previous Friday things are still coming together and the tea rooms upstairs weren't quite ready so we did as the French do and settled ourselves down out front on the street and watched the world go by. Luckily it was dry and the winters sun was trying to peep through the towering chimney tops and down the side streets. 





Wrapped in fur with the sunglasses on and the wind rustling up my hair, Ryan ordered a latte and a selection of Macaroons and  I a peppermint tea (as I was still on January detox) and a Rose and Pistachio Macaroon (I have found every way around having no tea, coffee and chocolate).


Tea was served in individual glass tea pots and cups along with a flask of boiling water to top it up with. You cant eat macaroons with a fork or spoon so its fingers only and then to lick each one of the clean savoring every last bit possible. Along with crystal cut effect cups of water, pink for the lady's and green for the gents… of course. 





I've already fallen in love with this place, the elegant décor, outstanding service, friendly staff and the most mouth watering cakes and macaroons. I will be visiting regularly whether it’s a catch up with the girls or to take away a box to devour in front of a good film after a long day at work. 





I've already slipped back once at the weekend taking my beautiful friend Amanda to show her the beauty of this café and to check out the lounge upstairs which open to the pubic on Friday. She also has fallen in love and went just as snap happy as I did with full of giggling excitement.

I am now just waiting for the savory menu to be served (which looks amazing, you wont believe that your still sat in Brighton on seeing it) however I’m returning to work to work tomorrow so this visit is going to have a wait a few weeks till I have a free space in the diary. 




Julian Plumart Boutique Salon du The
27 Duke Street 
Brighton 

07881207006


or follow them on twitter:












No comments:

Post a Comment